With an overarching focus on great client service while providing practical advisory services, I am committed to creating innovative strategies for tough challenges and delivering solutions that fit my clients' needs. I believe in taking a collaborative approach to truly understand what matters to my clients and provide outcomes that make a difference.
Director – Indirect Tax
Mark is an indirect tax specialist with extensive experience in providing GST advice and global trade solutions to clients within Australia and internationally.
Mark provides his clients innovative and efficient solutions to complex indirect tax issues across a broad range of industries. He focuses on finding outcomes best suited to the operations and unique circumstances of each client to ensure their indirect tax obligations are being met effectively and efficiently.
Having worked for Grant Thornton in both Australia and Ireland, Mark has a track record of advising clients of all sizes, including multinationals, and is uniquely placed to assist clients from a global indirect tax and global trade perspective.
- Complex indirect taxation advice on GST implications of client operations including supply structuring and GST classification of revenue
- Indirect tax compliance and facilitation within Australia and on a global scale
- Supply chain structuring to identify indirect tax efficiencies and savings across cross-border and international supply structures
- Submissions and liaising with the ATO to negotiate favourable outcomes for clients through private rulings, voluntary disclosures, and ATO review and audit processes
- Identification and implementation of improvements to GST governance, including systems, processes, procedures and controls
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws (Specialisation Certificate in Corporate and Commercial Law)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)