Partner - Financial Advisory
National Head of Restructuring Advisory
Matt Byrnes is Grant Thornton’s National Head of Restructuring Advisory. He has particular expertise in assisting businesses in the manufacturing, property and construction, transport and logistics, financial services, and hotel/accommodation industries.
From 2002 to 2003 Matt lived overseas and worked on reviews, restructuring assignments and formal administrations in Indonesia and the UK. He has developed strong skills in managing businesses in distress, and in negotiating the best possible outcome via a sale or workout strategy. Matt also has extensive experience in managing companies in receivership, liquidation and voluntary administration and is involved in numerous Investigating Accountant (IA) and limited scope reviews.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Fellow, INSOL International
- Member of CPA Australia
- Official and Registered Liquidator
- Member of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA)