Partner - Audit & Assurance
Simon’s pragmatic and commercial approach to dealing with and resolving issues comes from his extensive (more than 25 years) experience in accounting and consulting. This gives him the ability to closely understand your business and its drivers. Simon has broad experience in the retail and consumer markets, with a particular interest in retailers’ use of technology for both back office and at the customer interface.
Simon assesses the viability of businesses and projects and advises on a wide range of finance and commercial matters from management reporting and systems through to due diligence reviews and risk management. Simon sits on the advisory board of a hardware wholesaling business and this gives him an appreciation of the challenges in implementing a strategy for multi-site businesses.
He has had significant experience with foreign controlled subsidiaries operating in Australia (including SEC-listed) and coordinating assignments with multiple Grant Thornton offices or other firms in Australia and overseas.
Examples of Simon's work include:
- facilitated a two-day strategy workshop for a client, ensuring a robust and comprehensive approach was taken to set the direction of the business for the next three to five years
- sits on the board and is chair of the finance, audit and risk committee of a peak Not for Profit organisation, ensuring prudent financial management to facilitate the organisation’s long-term sustainability
- presents at various retail industry forums and has a particular interest in retailers’ use of technology to engage with customers
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Associate Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors Australia
- Registered Company Auditor
- Bachelor of Economics
- Executive MBA
@_hotham Given many other organisations have already communicated how they are approaching the Covid-19 situation i… t.co/Fig7bkuVlI