Partner – Tax
Himashini has over 16 years’ experience providing tax advisory and compliance services to financial service providers, fund managers, managed funds, superannuation funds and their advisors.
Himashini also has extensive experience in project managing and coordinating a diverse range of funds and superannuation funds, and assisting clients with detailed knowledge of the taxation and regulatory issues affecting their industry.
Himashini is passionate about growing the mid-sized investment management industry by streamlining compliance processes, and providing value added services to clients, especially at Board level.
Examples of Himiashini’s work includes:
- Extensive experience managing the co-ordination of compliance services (including preparation and review of tax-effect accounting calculations and disclosures) to a large number of funds, fund managers and major superannuation funds. This includes working with major fund administrators and middle market such as Fund administrator
- First-hand experience in relation to the operations of a major financial services provider through secondment
- Assisting and advising clients on tax issues when transitioning from one administrator to another
- Structuring inbound and outbound investments
- Advice on taxation of financial arrangements regime
- Review and advising clients on tax governance and risk for internal processing of systems
- Unit pricing and advising on after- tax returns on investments for fund managers and superannuation funds
- Reviewing and providing comments on tax policy documents, Product Disclosure Statements and tax statements
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) UK
- Master of Laws, International Commercial and Revenue Law, Bristol University
- Diploma in Tax (University of Sydney)
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Barrister of the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- Member of the Tax Institute