Partner - Tax
Mark is an experienced corporate tax practitioner with over 15 years of experience providing Australian taxation assistance for listed companies, large private entities and multinational groups. He specialises in the provision of tax advisory, tax compliance and tax due diligence work. Mark has particular focus and experience in the Technology, Mining and Resources and Professional Services (particularly engineering and mining support services) industry sectors.
Prior to joining Grant Thornton, Mark worked for a Big 4 accounting firm in its Perth and Sydney offices.
Examples of Mark's work:
- Provision of tax advice to private companies planning to list on the ASX
- Tax Governance Framework assistance
- Successful dispute resolution with the ATO in respect to international tax matters
- International and domestic tax structure planning
- Tax loss testing
- Tax consolidation work, including allocable costs amount and available fraction work
- Tax due diligence work from both the sell and buy side
- Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance, Kaplan (Post graduate degree)
- Chartered Accountant – Affiliate Membership