At Grant Thornton, the team supports, collaborates, and encourages each other and this flows on to our clients too. We foster authenticity and support our people to be themselves at work and in interactions with our clients, which means we can bring unique perspectives to everything we do. I believe this allows us to make genuine and trusted connections with our clients and our people.
Partner – Specialist Tax
Bec has a background in law and business and brings her unique perspective with over 10 years' of working closely with an extensive range of industries to assist and guide companies with accessing the Government’s Innovation programs. These include the Research and Development (R&D) Tax Incentive to support innovation and R&D strategic plans as well as the Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) program to help companies grow their exports in international markets.
Bec is passionate about innovation in Australia and focuses her attention on supporting businesses across all sectors to grow through innovation, intellectual property considerations and gain access to Government support for continued future growth. She is also always looking for better ways to deliver effective and efficient services to her clients.
Bec specialises in a wide range of R&D Tax, EMDG and innovation matters including:
- Identification of R&D activities, including eligible core and supporting R&D activities
- R&D based consulting advice, including cross border implications
- R&D Tax Incentive compliance procedures
- R&D Tax Governance, including implementation of frameworks
- ATO and AusIndustry reviews
- EMDG advice, including application preparation, assistance and liaising with Austrade.
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Business
- Affiliate of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CAANZ)