In our podcast, Tax Partners Vince Tropiano and Brett Curtis discuss what the global minimum corporate tax rate agreement means for Australian businesses, how businesses can prepare themselves, and what to consider if you’re setting up operations offshore.Read more…
Partner - Tax
Office Chair - Sydney
Vince has over 30 years taxation experience, including over 20 years as a Partner.
Over his career, Vince has advised on domestic and international tax issues to a wide range of clients including Technology & Media, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Major Projects & Infrastructure and Real Estate & Construction clients.
He has also been heavily involved in the Transfer Pricing area, with experience in both structuring and ATO audit activities.
His experience includes:
- numerous mergers and acquisitions assignments
- assistance with ATO assurance reviews and audits
- transfer pricing audit support
- tax structuring and consulting on major infrastructure projects (road and rail)
- development of tax risk and governance systems
- cross-border tax planning, including the establishment of Australian and foreign operations and development of tax effective cross-border financing structures
- Due Diligence Reports and Independent Expert Reports
- remuneration planning and establishment of employee share and option plans
- advice on restructuring to accommodate an Initial Public Offering
- advice in respect of cross-border Intellectual Property Licensing structures
- salary packaging and Fringe Benefits Tax advice for expatriates
Vince also leads the National Tax Governance and Controversy team, supporting companies with their tax governance and tax risk management.
As one of Grant Thornton’s leading tax spokespeople, Vince has been regularly seen and heard providing informed comment on a number of corporate and international tax issues.
In consultation with patent attorneys from Griffith Hack, we have applied our expertise across patent law, R&D tax, corporate tax and industry specific knowledge to consider the challenges and opportunities for patent box here in Australia.Read more…
In this podcast, we’re joined by Phil Coorey, Political Editor at the Australian Financial Review, and Vince Tropiano, Corporate Tax Partner in our Sydney office to talk about last week’s Federal Budget.Read more…
- Bachelor of Economics
- Masters of Taxation
- CPA Australia
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Charted Accountants