The Australian Superannuation Guarantee legislation mandates that employers pay at least the minimum superannuation to employees, currently 9.5% of their base earnings. Understanding the requirements and the implications of underpaying super to your employees is an important part of understanding your business’s financial and tax position, as well as the obligations of the business’s directors.
How we help
At Grant Thornton, our team can assist you by:
- advising on minimum employer obligations
- assessing pay codes in relation to their correct superannuation treatment
- using an automated tool developed by us to:
- review whether past superannuation obligations have been met
- calculate over and underpayments and apply set-offs where available
- prepare disclosures to the ATO in respect of any shortfalls.
Subscribe to receive our publications
Subscribe now to be kept up-to-date with timely and relevant insights, unique to the nature of your business, your areas of interest and the industry in which you operate.