Director – Indirect Tax
Anika is a member of Grant Thornton's national indirect tax team and specialises in GST and fuel tax.
Anika has extensive experience in advising clients on a broad range of indirect tax matters including:
- improvements to governance, systems, processes, procedures and controls through GST reviews
- the imposition and recovery of GST in the real estate and construction, health and aged care, not for profit, education, energy and resources and financial services sectors
- the GST implications of various merger and acquisition activities, including due diligence reviews
- the application of GST to domestic, cross border and international transactions.
Anika also has experience in negotiating successful outcomes for her clients with the ATO through the early engagement, private ruling, review and audit processes.
Examples of indirect tax advice
- Providing advice in relation to the application of GST (including the margin scheme) to real property transactions
- Providing advice in relation to the GST withholding rules
- Review of contracts from a GST perspective to ensure that the GST clauses protect the client from unintended consequences
- Assisting in merger and acquisition activities, including due diligence reviews
- Providing advice in relation to the application of the financial acquisition threshold
- Preparation of GST technical position papers
- Preparation, lodgement and successful management of
- Private Rulings with the ATO
- Successful management of the early engagement process with the ATO
- Negotiation of GST refunds and settlements with the ATO
- Fuel tax credit reviews to maximise refund opportunities
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Graduate Diploma of Chartered Accounting
- Diploma of Management
- Member of the Property Council of Australia’s Residential Committee