There has been a major shift in the way global companies operate in today’s economic environment with ever-changing employment issues and complexities.
With companies considering their ecological footprint, as well as factoring in ramifications from COVID-19, an increasing number of employers are evolving their employment policies. Much of this focus is now to enable flexible remote working that complements their existing global mobility programs. As a result, businesses have a flexible international network of talent required to meet their organisational and strategic goals.
For individuals, it significantly increases their employment opportunities, lifestyle, flexibility and work efficiency given they are able to work from any location in the world. However, the change in the workforce setup and flexibility also increases tax complexities for employers.
Employers, now more than ever, will need to consider their corporate and employment tax obligations in a tax system that doesn’t necessarily react as quickly to the global changes and trends.
How we help
Our global mobility team at Grant Thornton can help with:
- developing and implementing tax efficient global employment solution and strategies
- being a single point of contact to coordinate:
- expatriate tax compliance and advisory services
- social security (superannuation) compliance and advisory
- expatriate and shadow payrolls
- designing global mobility policy
- providing technology solutions to support and improve employment tax obligations and governance
- providing advice on the interaction with the broader employment taxes regime.
Subscribe now to be kept up-to-date with timely and relevant insights, unique to the nature of your business, your areas of interest and the industry in which you operate.