Partner - Forensic Consulting
Joe holds a Bachelor of Business, majoring in Accounting from Griffith University. In 1997 Joseph was admitted as an Associate (Chartered Accountant) of Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand. In December 2004, Joseph completed a Graduate Certificate in Forensic Studies (Accounting) at Monash University. Joseph is an Accredited Business Valuation Specialist and Forensic Accounting Specialist with Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand.
Expert Witness experience
For the past 20 years, Joseph has been involved in preparation of expert witness reports and other reports in the following contexts:
- Assessment of commercial losses;
- Quantification of loss arising from Insurable Events, and financial investigations surrounding Insurable events;
- Investigation and review of financial transactions or events and reconstruction of transactions and financial statements;
- Valuation for Shareholder, Unitholder and Partnership disputes, Matrimonial disputes and Estate disputes;
- Investigation of complex corporate structures, financial investigations and insolvency reviews.;
- Valuation of controlling and minority interests in non-contentious situations;
- Valuation of Options, Restricted Stock Units and other Executive Remuneration entitlements.
- Professional Negligence claims in relation to both liability and quantum;
- Personal Injury and Dependency Claims assessment.
Court experience and oral expert testimony
Joseph has acted as an Independent Expert, Jointly Appointed Expert, Court Appointed Expert, and as an Independent Expert Accountant under commercial agreements.
Joseph has provided oral expert testimony in the Federal Court of Australia, Supreme Court of Queensland, Supreme Court of New South Wales, District Court of Queensland, Family Court of Australia, the Federal Circuit Court of Australia and various tribunals. He has also provided concurrent oral evidence.
Joseph is experienced in the production of Joint Statement of Experts.
Noteworthy examples of matters in which Joseph has provided evidence include
- Supreme Court of Queensland: Mitchell Ogilvie Menswear Pty Ltd v Rapid Edge Pty Ltd  QSC 136
- Supreme Court of New South Wales: Shield Mercantile v Citigroup  NSWSC 117
- Federal Court of Australia: Hussain v CSR Building Products Limited, in the matter of FPJ Group Pty Ltd (In Liq)  FCA 392
- Supreme Court of Queensland: Themis Holdings Pty Ltd v Canehire Pty Ltd & Anor  QSC 38 (13 March 2014)
- Chartered Accountant
- Graduate Certificate in Forensic Studies
- Bachelor of Business
- Accredited Business Valuation Specialist
- Accredited Forensic Accounting Specialist