Partner – Management Consulting
Matt is a Retail Industry expert with over 25 years of global consulting experience. He has been responsible for improving the capabilities across the complete retail value chain and delivering major transformational projects for some of the leading brands both locally and globally. His client portfolio experience spans across all major retail segments throughout the UK, Europe, North America and the APAC region.
Areas of expertise include:
- Strong and fair leadership skills mixing vision, resilience and persistence
- Business strategy, transformation and turnarounds
- Omnichannel business design and integration
- Technology capability development, delivery and ongoing operations
- Buying and merchandising practices and processes
- Supply chain transformation and reengineering
- Operating model design and cost optimisation programs
- Shared service and centre of excellence implementation
- Customer experience improvement
- Vendor Partnership development and capability innovation
Examples of work include:
- Retail operations lead for leading Wholesale/Retail Grocery, Liquor and Hardware business digital transformation
- Developed strategy for reinventing the role of the shopping centre towards ‘consumer commerce’ for major super fund’s investment vehicle
- Architected Connected capability development to drive font, middle and back office consumer centric outcomes for clients
- Aus/global Skincare Brand and Retailer: Designed the digital strategy and deployed the supporting platform to digitise this physical business introducing ecommerce alongside physical store propositions
- Major Aus Gaming Business: Led a Human Centred Design engagement creating their roadmap and backlog for digitisation of the Retail experience.
- Department Store: Designed the Lean instore inventory mgmt. processes to improve online pick accuracy.
- Large Australian Supermarkets Retailer: Account Lead responsible for large programme of work across digital business services, procurement services, space optimisation and analytics services, shared service implementation, core merchandise and supply chain systems transformation, loyalty and financial services.
- Large Australian Retail Group: Led Group and Brands’ Finance Operating Model design and associated transformation programme.
- Southern Hemisphere Retail Group: ANZ Lead responsible for defining operating model strategy for the group function and the brands within.
- Department Store (Australia): Account Lead responsible for transforming the operating model across merchandise, supply chain and back office functions.
- Office Supplies Retailer (Australia): Account Lead responsible for the IT strategy, Omnichannel Order Management and Procurement strategy engagements.
- Global Fashion Retailer (ANZ): Account Lead responsible for defining the Omnichannel Supply Chain strategy.
- Assorted Grocery, Fashion Retailers and CG&S companies: Led and developed opportunities for rapid value creation. Accenture SME for collaboration within Retail and the Supply Chain areas.
- US and UK Fashion and Convenience Retailers: Operated as SME and Programme Lead in the Accenture Oracle Retail practice, focussed on Middle Office capability transformation.
- University of Durham (UK), BSc, Engineering (First Class Hons)
- Accenture Leadership Development Program (Boston, Barcelona, Chicago)
- Accenture Selling Platform – Sales and Negotiation Program (Kuala Lumpur)
- Accenture Management Consulting University – Faculty (Chicago) Chartered Tax Adviser, optional: The Tax Institute