In order to address AML/CTF compliance and risk management challenges, clients need access to a blend of subject matter expertise, deep domain knowledge, and real-world experience. Having worked in the AML/CTF space for almost 30 years, I draw on my experience from all facets of AML/CTF, to provide practical advice and unique insights that help clients achieve and maintain AML/CTF compliance in a proportionate and business-sensitive way.
Partner - Consulting
Neil has a unique background in financial crime risk management spanning almost 30 years, including working at senior levels managing AML/CTF, Sanctions and Anti-Bribery compliance across Europe, the US, Latin America, Asia, and Australia within two major global investment banks, one European financial services company, and a major Australian bank.
He has also worked within law enforcement agencies investigating financial crime and money laundering, and as a financial services regulator developing AML/CTF regulation and AML/CTF regulatory supervision techniques.
Neil has been providing specialist AML/CTF consultancy services since 2012, including giving advice and support to businesses subject to AML/CTF regulation, developing and delivering ML/TF risk assessments and AML/CTF programs, undertaking independent reviews of the adequacy of AML/CTF compliance and the supporting systems and controls, and providing advisory services in relation to regulatory compliance and regulatory enforcement activity.
As well as supporting businesses in achieving and maintaining AML/CTF compliance, Neil has supported businesses in responding to formal AUSTRAC investigations, has acted as an AUSTRAC authorised external auditor, has acted as an expert witness in AML/CTF enforcement actions, and has undertaken reviews to confirm the completion of AML/CTF remediation activity.
- Founding Joint-Chair of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS) Australasian Chapter and a member of the Chapter’s Advisory Board.
- A member of the faculty and lecturer for the International Compliance Association (ICA) Post Graduate Diploma of Applied Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Management.
- Appointed by AUSTRAC as their expert witness in the civil claim against CBA.
- Authorised by AUSTRAC to be the expert external auditor for AfterPay, the Buy Now Pay Later business.
- Appointed by AUSTRAC as their expert witness in the civil claim against Westpac.
- Diploma of Applied Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Management – International Compliance Association (ICA).
- Member, Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (ACAMS)
- Member, Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Affiliate Member, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)