Partner - Tax
Brett’s experience in the Australian, UK and New Zealand markets has enhanced his expertise across a broad range of corporate and international taxation issues. Brett advises a number of significant corporate groups with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, including acquisitions and disposals by tax consolidated groups.
Brett’s recent assignments include:
- advising shareholders in respect of private equity investments, partial exit, presale restructuring and post-acquisition structuring issues
- advising multinational groups on inbound investment and centralising of intellectual property ownership within the corporate group structure
- managing the tax affairs of biotech companies across a range of tax issues, including R&D, tax loss carried forward, employee share schemes and transfer pricing
Brett’s expertise extends over a diverse number of industry sectors including technology, food & beverage and energy & resources.
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Canterbury University
- Admitted Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand
- Admitted Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia