Director - Audit & Assurance
Since joining Grant Thornton in 2005, Murray has specialised in the provision of audit and advisory services within the corporate sector both in Australia and Ireland. He has extensive experience in managing audit engagements for large public companies, privately held businesses, managed investment schemes and not-for-profit organisations.
Murray understands the impacts that a changing regulatory environment has on his clients, and is passionate about working with them to achieve practical and commercial outcomes. His management style is distinctively hands on with a strong focus on both technical issues and building long-term relationships that provide added value to his clients whilst ensuring key targets and deadlines are achieved.
In recognition of Murray’s client centric focus he was the 2016 winner of the Entrepreneurial Award at the Grant Thornton Performance Inspiring Awards night, as he continues to achieve exceptional outcomes for his clients.
Examples of work
- During his time working in Ireland, he was responsible for co-ordinating the audit of a large publicly listed bio-technology client listed on the NASDAQ with cross border operations and tight reporting deadlines.
- Murray manages diverse industry portfolios of clients including manufacturing, bio-technology, mining services, construction, health and aged care, education and a particular interest and focus on the Transport industry.
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Life Member of the Australian Cricketers Association
- Bachelor of Business (majors in Accountancy and Banking & Finance) – Queensland University of Technology
- Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accounting