Anti-fraud and corruption strategies are critical for organisations wanting to succeed and grow. But how many know the risks and are fully prepared?
More than ever before, organisations conducting activities in Australia operate with a heightened awareness of fraud, bribery and corruption, and an increased focus on enforcement by government regulators and law enforcement agencies.
There are currently five state-based Anti-Corruption Commissions actively investigating bribery and corruption allegations by public officials, as well as the Australian Federal Police’s Fraud and Anti-Corruption Centre.
Also at risk are those organisations operating in foreign jurisdictions, where perceptions of bribery and corruption differ and are sometimes referred to as ‘just the way we do business'. The most vulnerable are charities, not-for-profit organisations and mid-tier companies that engage with third parties in foreign countries.
How we help
With no one-size-fits-all solution, it’s critical organisations get their risk assessments right from the outset. Grant Thornton assists organisations by assessing the risks and designing, implementing and maintaining anti-bribery and corruption compliance programs.
We also help organisations achieve compliance with domestic and foreign anti-corruption legislative obligations, including the Criminal Code Act 1995 (Commonwealth), the Bribery Act 2010 (UK) and the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act 1977 (US), we provide:
- Whistleblowing Management Services including a reporting hotline
- background, vendor and other integrity due diligence services to support recruitment, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and distributor, supplier and operator agreements
- assessment of fraud, bribery and corruption risks
- design and implementation of internal controls based on assessed risks
- communication and training programs
- ongoing monitoring programs
- investigation of red flags or allegations of non-compliance
- crisis management and remedial action.
Subscribe to receive our publications
Subscribe now to be kept up-to-date with timely and relevant insights, unique to the nature of your business, your areas of interest and the industry in which you operate.