Partner - Audit & Assurance
Carina has over ten years professional experience, the majority of which has been spent in the delivery of external audit services to a wide variety of clients in Australia and South Africa.
She has gained experience on a variety of audit assignments including external audits of public listed and unlisted companies and has also undertaken a wide range of external audits of not-for-profit organisations, private businesses and government agencies.
Carina is Grant Thornton’s not-for-profit industry leader in Western Australia. She is passionate about the sector and is currently collaborating with Curtin University’s Not-for-profit Initiative to research outcomes measurement and reporting by industry participants. She also provides services to clients in other industries including energy and resources, construction and development, manufacturing, retail, aged care and financial services.
Key examples of Carina’s work include:
- Lead audit partner for many clients operating overseas in multiple locations, coordinating a global audit approach and seamless service delivery to meet individual client needs.
- Involvement with numerous corporate advisory assignments (expert's reports, independent accountants’ reports, due diligence, valuations) for public and private companies for statutory, Stock Exchange and other purposes.
Carina regularly presents and conducts internal and external training sessions for staff and the ICAA on accounting updates and technical issues.
- Member of the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) Accounting – Rand Afrikaans University