Partner & Head of Financial Advisory - Perth
Courtney leads the forensic team in Western Australia. Taking a pragmatic approach and drawing on over 20 years of forensic accounting and investigative experience, Courtney advises a broad range of private and public sector clients on complex, sensitive and challenging forensic matters.
Courtney’s extensive forensic experience was developed locally and internationally including positions in public practice, Royal Commissions and the WA Corruption and Crime Commission.
Courtney works closely with his clients and legal advisors to prevent, detect and respond to all sizes and types of forensic matters and business challenges, cutting through the complexity to achieve tailored outcomes for his clients.
Courtney specialises in:
- fraud, bribery, corruption and misconduct investigations
- fraud and corruption risk management
- forensic IT and data analytics
- complex financial investigations
- forensic accounting and operational reviews
- contract and commercial dispute resolution
- litigation support and evidence collection
- corporate intelligence and integrity assignments
Key examples of Courtney’s work include:
- conducted over 100 high profile investigations into alleged fraud, corruption and misconduct for clients in the private and public sector, ASX Top 100, financial institutions and not for profit organisations
- leading forensic advisor in the settlement of a number of recent WA, high stakes contractual and commercial disputes
- implemented fraud and corruption risk management strategies for a large number of corporate and government clients which has led to the identification and recovery of large amounts of misappropriated monies and assets
- Affiliate Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Certified Practising Accountant – CPA Australia
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting and Finance)
- Associate Diploma of Business (Accounting)
- Certificate III in Investigative Services
- Certificate IV in Government (Investigations)
- Licenced investigator by WA Police