Partner - Financial Advisory
John specialises in corporate finance services including mergers & acquisitions, capital raisings, ECM strategy advice and project finance.
For over 30 years John has advised Australian and oversea companies with their growth strategies. He has assisted companies in managing successful IPOs, secondary market capital raisings, private equity funding, and significant M&A and divestiture activities.
John also has significant experience in major infrastructure projects including ports, rail, electricity generation and networks, gas, water infrastructure and is a specialist in project finance and PPPs.
John has a wealth of experience and expertise in a wide range of industry sectors including financial services, utilities, agriculture, energy & resources, technology, life sciences and major infrastructure. In addition, John has advised Government agencies and Government owned Corporations on funding and project evaluation.
- Lead Advisor on a cross-border transaction involving a major Chinese investment fund acquiring a company and assets in Far North Queensland in the tourism and hospitality sector. This involved undertaking a financial and commercial due diligence, managing a tax due diligence, as well as providing commercial and strategic growth advice and facilitating local debt facilities
- Providing project finance and PPP advice on a number of major infrastructure projects including Abbot Point Coal Terminal, the proposed Connors River dam and water pipeline to the Galilee Basin, below rail and above rail infrastructure with QR, and major road construction.
- Lead Advisor on a financial viability and credit risk review for a $1.16 billion Queensland infrastructure project - Gateway Upgrade North (GUN) project for Transurban Group and Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Corporate advisor for a reverse takeover of an ASX listed mining company involving financial due diligence, preparation of the prospectus and ECM strategic advice
- Corporate advisor for an IPO of a high profile information technology company, as well as an IPO and capital raising for several biotechnology companies. This involved preliminary advisory services to prepare the company for an IPO, managing the financial due diligence process, offer price valuation, preparation of the prospectus, participation in the roadshow and book build and ECM strategies
- Bachelor of Commerce, Monash University
- Diploma of Applied Finance & Investment