Partner - Audit & Assurance
Matt has over 15 years audit experience with Grant Thornton in Australia, the United States, United Kingdom and Europe, working with public and privately owned businesses.
As a Certified Information Systems Auditor, Matt has developed an expert understanding of the accounting and information system needs of his clients. Matt adds value to an audit by bringing an understanding of the financial implications and risks associated with his client’s information systems.
Matt has experience across a broad range of industries including Not for Profit, Real Estate & Construction and Food & Beverage. In the Not for Profit sector Matt has a focus on education, affordable housing, training and health services sectors.
Matt is a Director of the Grant Thornton Foundation a public ancillary fund which provides support to selected charitable organisations active in the area of growing youth.
Key examples of Matt’s work include:
- Lead Partner for a Not for Profit affordable housing organisation with a portfolio in excess of 1,500 homes
- Audit Partner for a number of independent schools
- Matt is regularly invited to present CPA training modules and has also presented for the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
- Registered Company Auditor
- Chartered Accountant
- Certified Information Systems Auditor Bachelor of Business (Accountancy)
- IAMA Probity Services Provider (Procurement) Course