Partner – Audit & Assurance
Helen has over 35 years’ experience in the provision of audit and advisory services to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and individuals in Northern Australia. Helen leads the government funded audit team in Grant Thornton, providing services to clients in North Queensland, Cape York Peninsula, the Torres Strait and Western Queensland.
Helen has extensive exposure to auditing and business advisory services in a wide range of industries, with significant experience providing audit and advisory services to Indigenous organisations where she has undertaken statutory and special purpose audits, due diligence, program reviews, project and strategic reviews and other advisory and mentoring assistance.
Key examples of Helen's work include:
- Helen has developed a close rapport with directors and staff in many Indigenous and other Not for Profit organisations. She has undertaken specific cultural awareness training to ensure her approach to providing professional services to Indigenous clients is delivered in a culturally appropriate manner.
- Helen has contributed to supporting and delivering the work of the Jawun organisation which builds relationships between corporate and Indigenous Australians by assisting in developing capability amongst Indigenous people.
- Helen conducts training sessions in corporate governance and financial matters.
- Helen manages a number of audits of these types of organisations in the Far Noth Queensland region and so is well briefed on issues faced by these types of organisations.
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Mathematics, University of Manchester
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Registered Company Auditor