I bring our CARE values of Collaboration, Authenticity, Responsibility and Excellence to life by providing the best team to a client to ensure that they get the most value from our tax specialists. My focus on our Reach for Remarkable brand promise means that I ensure me and my team approach our clients, community and each other with genuine care.
National Managing Partner – Tax
Sandie leads the tax business, which encompasses a team of over 200 tax professionals around Australia who work across all sectors to support our clients, who are at the core of what we do. The tax team works with listed, privately owned, and founder-led businesses that are both Australian based and part of multinational groups via our international network.
Sandie has more than 25 years’ experience in the field of R&D incentives and government programs both in Australia and the region. Centred on innovation, she assists company’s access the R&D tax incentive program as well as government grants and direct funding initiatives.
Sandie’s focus is leading an innovation and IP centric group who work with clients to maximise and leverage the value of their IP created in Australia and offshore. The innovation-centric model enables us to help clients access direct government funding and explore and understand the value of their IP and assist with protecting their innovative ideas through IP strategies to meet their business needs.
Prior to her role at Grant Thornton, Sandie was National Leader and Director of Innovation Incentives at Glasshouse Advisory, which formed the R&D incentives program and EMDG practice of the IPH Ltd group.
In addition to her role at Grant Thornton, Sandie has significant governance experience and she has been on a number of Boards.
- Overall tax strategy
- Assisting companies access the R&D Tax Incentive program
- Providing advice in relation to Streamlined Audit Reviews with the ATO and reviews with AusIndustry
- EMDG advice and application assistance and preparation
- Assistance with various grant program applications and advice
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Sydney
- Executive Leadership Program, INSEAD
- Member, Electoral Commission of NSW
- Past Director, The Heart Research Institute
- Past Director, The Global Legal Identifier Foundation (GLEIF)
- Past Director, The Sisters of Charity Foundation and a member of Audit and Risk Committee