I enjoy working with clients to help them achieve their growth ambitions. I look to deeply understand my clients’ businesses, industry and operational risks and provide timely and practical advice on the changing financial reporting environment. I am passionate about helping clients navigate complex accounting issues and providing pragmatic solutions.
Director – Audit & Assurance
Sean has over 11 years of accounting experience that includes a 3-month secondment in the USA completing audit services on SEC listed clients and a 4-month secondment at Rio Tinto in Australia as Financial Controller in the Iron Ore business unit. He manages several clients publicly listed on the ASX, private clients operating in a broad range of industries and not-for-profit clients operating in the Health & Aged Care industry.
Sean has a strong understanding of financial reporting requirements in Australia and international jurisdictions, particularly in Health & Aged Care, Manufacturing, Professional Services and Retail. Having completed a secondment in industry, he appreciates the impact the audit process has from a client’s perspective and is passionate about providing exceptional service to clients.
In additional to his role at Grant Thornton, Sean is also a boundary umpire with the Australian Football League and has umpired over 100 AFL games.
- Statutory financial statement audits of privately-owned and publicly listed entities (including ASX-listed entities and entities listed on international stock exchanges)
- Assistance with specific due diligence agreed upon procedures for transactions for sale or acquisitions of businesses or assets
- Completed the audit of the following clients that have recently listed on the ASX:
- SILK Laser Australia Limited (SLA)
- Aerometrex Limited (AMX)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Adelaide
- Bachelor of Science, University of Adelaide
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)