At Grant Thornton, we not only add value for our clients through extensive industry expertise, but we also provide ongoing learning opportunities for our team members. This means they can become their best selves and produce excellent service and high quality outcomes for our clients.
Partner – Audit & Assurance
Tari is an experienced financial services specialist who combines her technical skills with international experience, having worked in Zimbabwe, Cayman Islands and Sydney. Tari is committed to building strong relationships with her clients and takes a commercial and pragmatic approach to deliver an excellent service and high quality deliverables.
Tari has experience working with Banking and Asset Management clients on external and internal audits, compliance engagements, accounting advice and regulatory audits, including:
- APRA Prudential Standards audits / reviews and AFSL engagements
- Collateral audits for securitisation trusts
- Operational due diligence engagements under the AIST Guidance Note
- Facilitating risk and control assessments within service organisations under ASAE 3402 Assurance Reports on Controls at a Service Organisation
- GS 007 Audit Implications of the Use of Service Organisations for Investment Management Services guidance.
Her clients include among others ASX listed mortgage brokers, investment managers, managed investment schemes, private equity funds, registrable superannuation entities, Authorised Deposit Taking Institutions (ADIs) such as Mutual Banks, Credit Unions, local and foreign ADIs and other financiers covering personal lending, commercial lending, leasing and specialty finance. Tari meets the APRA Fit and Proper auditor requirements for ADI entities.
As part of her work within the ADIs, Tari participated in the AASB working group reviewing and revising the Guidance Statement GS 012 Prudential Reporting Requirements for Auditors of Authorised Deposit-taking Institutions.
Tari has had experience working in Zimbabwe and Cayman Islands before coming to Australia.
- Managing and leading complex audits of ASX listed clients and ADIs
- Performing comprehensive CPS 220 Risk Management and Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) reviews for ADIs
- Providing technical accounting advice
- Leading fully outsourced and co-sourced internal audits
- Member of Institute of Chartered Accountants Zimbabwe
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Member of Institute of Internal Auditors
- ASIC Registered Company Auditor