To ensure that we have a safe and sustainable approach to returning to work in our offices and at client sites for our people, we have developed a COVIDSafe plan.
This plan was designed in line with Safe Work Australia guidelines and in consultation with an experienced medical professional, Dr Ian Norton, a Specialist Emergency Physician with post-graduate qualifications in Surgery, International Health and Tropical Medicine, and our people.
This provides guidelines and procedures to be followed at all times to ensure that we minimise the risks of infection from COVID-19 to our people while they are at work.
A detailed risk assessment has been completed and the infection control measures have been validated by Dr Ian Norton. As part of the risk assessment, we have identified three COVID threat levels Green, Amber and Red. This will help to guide our practices and ensure we are responsive to community and workplace risk.
Can I attend meetings and events at Grant Thornton Australia?
We are encouraging our people to work from home unless they need to be in the office, and we are well equipped to facilitate virtual meetings. However, we understand that some meetings need to happen face to face.
When operating at threat level green or amber, our offices are open for meetings, however we will not be hosting events onsite at this time but will continue to run virtual events.
What are you doing to protect me?
We share responsibility with all of our people to keep each other safe. Some measures we have put in place to ensure health and wellbeing include:
- We have limited how many people can be in our offices and require our team members to book so that we can easily contact trace
- Limits on the maximum number of people allowed in each of our meeting rooms.
- Temperature checking upon entry to our offices for all of our people and visitors.
- Hand sanitiser is readily available in all of our offices.
- Daily cleaning of communal areas and internal meeting rooms and frequent cleaning of high touch points throughout the day. All client meeting rooms are cleaned and sanitised between each meeting.
- Mandatory training for all of our people before they can access the office so they can identify and act on any risks.
- When you arrive we will ask you to provide your details so we can easily communicate with you in the event we have any concerns or confirmed cases of COVID.
- If we have any concerns or if any of our team members are feeling unwell before your meeting, we will reschedule or move the meeting to an online forum.
We ask all visitors to Grant Thornton workplaces to:
- Not attend the office if they are showing any signs of illness
- Agree to undertake temperature checking and complete a Visitor Form each time they attend a Grant Thornton office
- Agree to follow all appropriate measures implemented to reduce the risk of infection within our workplaces
- Communicate any risks or concerns about infection controls to Grant Thornton team members
- Advise their Grant Thornton contact as soon as possible if they develop any symptoms that require COVID testing within 72 hours of visiting our office
To help protect all team members and contractors working in Grant Thornton workplaces and in other locations we ask our people to:
- Continue to work from home if they can do so safely and it is not compromising client delivery
- Book a space prior to attending work in the office and if no space is available, only attend the office briefly to participate in a meeting or collect something
- Not attend the office if they are feeling unwell or displaying any signs of illness
- Agree to undertake a daily health screening when working in the office
- When working at a client, ensure our people understand COVID-19 hazards and risks in your workplace and how they might comply with them
- Ensure that new information, policies, procedures and processes about COVID-19 are understood and processes are being followed
- Monitor the workplace and the work practices of others to ensure that control measures are being adhered to
- Escalate any non-compliance with procedures and processes that are observed
- Complete any instruction or training on things we all need to do to help manage the risk of COVID-19 spreading in the workplace
- Consider starting and finishing work at different times to avoid travelling on public transport at peak times and wearing face-masks where local community transmission exists
If you have any questions about our measures to ensure a COVIDSafe workspace, please speak with your local partner or contact us on (03) 8320 2222.
- ends -
Further media enquiries, please contact:
National Communications Manager
Grant Thornton Australia
T +61 2 8297 2724