We continue to remain committed to the safety and wellbeing of our people and our clients as we all learn to live with COVID-19. Recently we have seen every state government ease vaccination requirements other than for high-risk industries, and in response, we have now updated our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
All people will be allowed to visit and work in our offices regardless of their vaccination status. We will continue to only allow vaccinated team members to work at client sites where there are government vaccine mandates, or where the client has their own vaccination policy in force.
We will continue to monitor the impact of this change on our people as well as any vaccination government requirements and reserve the right to reinstate the mandatory vaccination policy if necessary. We are confident that our remaining COVIDSafe protocols will mitigate risks to our people when visiting and working in the office.
Can I attend meetings and events at Grant Thornton Australia?
Our offices are open for meetings and events but we will also continue to run virtual events where it is more appropriate.
What are you doing to protect me?
We share responsibility with all of our people to keep each other safe. Some measures we have put in place to ensure health and wellbeing including:
- Insist on all team members staying home if they are feeling unwell at all, even if symptoms are very mild.
- Rapid Antigen Tests available for anyone coming in to our offices.
- Hand sanitiser and cleaning products readily available in all of our offices.
- Daily cleaning of communal areas and internal meeting rooms and frequent cleaning of high touch points regularly throughout the day. All client meeting rooms are cleaned and sanitised regularly throughout the day.
- If we have any concerns or if any of our team members are feeling unwell before your meeting, we will reschedule or move the meeting to an online forum.
We ask all visitors to Grant Thornton workplaces to:
- Not attend the office if they are showing any signs of illness. The symptoms of Omicron can be quite mild and might look like a cold or hay fever, so out of respect for your colleagues please stay at home if you are feeling at all unwell.
- We have Rapid Antigen Tests available for anyone visiting our offices – please collect them from the office services team on arrival.
- Agree to follow all appropriate measures implemented to reduce the risk of infection within our workplaces including practising good hand and respiratory hygiene when in the office and be mindful of maintaining physical distance. If you’re not able to physically distance, consider wearing a mask.
- Communicate any risks or concerns about infection controls to Grant Thornton team members.
- Advise their Grant Thornton contact as soon as possible if they develop any symptoms that require COVID testing within 72 hours of visiting our office.
To help protect all team members and contractors working in Grant Thornton workplaces and in other locations we ask our people to:
- Not attend the office if feeling unwell or displaying any signs of illness. The symptoms of Omicron can be quite mild and might look like a cold or hay fever, so out of respect for our colleagues please stay at home if you are feeling at all unwell.
- When working at a client, ensure our people understand COVID-19 hazards and risks in your workplace and how they might comply with them.
- Ensure that new information, policies, procedures and processes about COVID-19 are understood and processes are being followed.
- Monitor the workplace and the work practices of others to ensure that control measures are being adhered to.
- Escalate any non-compliance with procedures and processes that are observed.
- Complete any instruction or training on things we all need to do to help manage the risk of COVID-19 spreading in the workplace.
- Consider starting and finishing work at different times to avoid travelling on public transport at peak times and wearing face-masks where it is difficult to socially distance.
If you have any questions about our measures to ensure a COVIDSafe workspace, please speak with your local partner or contact us on (03) 8320 2222.