Director - Remuneration Taxes
George has over ten years’ experience specialising in remuneration and employment taxation.
In addition to his responsibility for the management and coordination of the Remuneration Tax service offering in Brisbane, George provides Employment tax consulting advice to large multi-national clients.
George advises on all aspects of effective employment tax compliance, packaging and strategies, with a particular focus on cross border implications relating to globally mobile employees and the implementation of Employee Share Scheme Plans.
With a significant increase in audit activity in recent years, George has extensive experience in managing payroll tax audits by various State Revenue Offices and Superannuation Guarantee and FBT audits and reviews by the ATO.
George is also a speaker at various professional body functions as well as delivering the Grant Thornton FBT seminars and training sessions.
Examples of recent work include:
- Overseeing the mobility program for multiple Global Entities as well as Grant Thornton’s internal secondment program.
- A number of Office of State Revenue audits including for a number of ASX listed companies.
- Working extensively with the Data analytics team to handle a number of high profile Superannuation Guarantee reviews and Amnesty submissions.
- Speaker at the Tax Institute in respect to the ways to best manage Superannuation Guarantee reviews
- The provision of ongoing FBT advice and a $1 million FBT refund for a high profile University.
- Chartered Accountant