Partner & Head of Financial Advisory - Brisbane
Michael has in excess of thirty years’ experience in restructuring with major accounting firms in Brisbane, Sydney, Hong Kong and Indonesia. He has provided a broad range of advice to financiers, creditors and directors of companies in financial distress throughout this period as well as undertaken formal recovery assignments such as receiverships, voluntary administrations and liquidations for a variety of smaller to large and complex groups.
Michael has particular expertise in the conduct of corporate reviews and assessments. He has undertaken numerous investigations, reviews and recovery assignments for major financial institutions, government authorities and corporate clients concerning businesses in difficulty. Such reviews have included:
- Analysis of business viability and financial forecasts;
- Assessment of financial position;
- Determination of solvency;
- Identification of fraud and irregular transactions;
- Assessment of management competency; and
- Determination of workout and recovery strategies and options.
Michael has extensive experience in the conduct of insolvency engagements and has been a registered liquidator since 1998. He has been responsible for the conduct of investigations of numerous corporate failures for a variety of smaller to large and complex groups.
Michael recently completed his term as the National President of ARITA, the leading association of insolvency and restructuring professionals in Australia.
- Bachelor of Economics
- Chartered Accountant
- Official Liquidator of the Supreme Court of Queensland
- Member of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency & Turnaround Association (ARITA)
- Member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Immediate past president of the Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association (ARITA)