Partner & Head of Private Business Tax & Advisory – Brisbane
Mark joined Grant Thornton in 1991 and has considerable experience in the areas of business services and taxation.
Some of Grant Thornton Australia's largest clients rely on Mark to handle their compliance and business advisory work. He is one of the firm’s most experienced practitioners and his client base includes some of Queensland’s most successful private companies.
Mark is a member of the National leadership team for Family Office Services and leads the Brisbane office in delivering a holistic service to protect and grow clients business and family wealth. He takes a proactive approach by identifying solutions before issues arise and guides clients through sound investment decisions.
Mark deals extensively with family owned and operated businesses where a high degree of personal contact and service is required.
Mark’s primary areas of expertise include:
- assisting clients with substantial private businesses manage the growth from a financial and strategic perspective
- advising high net worth clients on succession and estate planning issues
- helping clients achieve the optimal value for their business upon disposal on an after tax basis
- analysis of business performance
- assisting clients with debt raising issues
- structuring client’s affairs for maximum tax benefits
- Chartered Accountant
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Justice of the Peace