Director - Tax
Morag is an experienced and dedicated tax professional with a committed interest in the not-for-profit sector (including education, and mutual organisations), having both worked in the sector, and served as an advisor for over 15 years.
Morag also has a focus in the real estate and construction sector and work with clients in a range of allied fields.
Outside her professional life, she serves on the Board of a registered charity, as well as sitting on the Finance Committee of a local school.
Morag’s experience allows her to enrich her professional expertise with practical knowledge, allowing her to provide insightful and pragmatic advice to her clients.
Examples of recent work include:
- due diligence and advice for two major charities undertaking national merger processes
- assistance in the due diligence and
- restructuring for a significant transaction for a long-standing client selling to a major international acquirer
- advice, and application for a number of organisations for ACNC endorsement including DGR endorsement with the ATO
- ongoing advice in relation to the structuring of new international development projects to manage tax exposure and financing requirements
- advising a registered charity on structuring charitable activities in overseas locations
- training and Board support to organisations in ensuring compliance with requirements of status as a tax endorsed entity.
- Chartered Tax Advisor
- Fellow, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales