Partner & National Head of Family Business Consulting
Private Business Tax & Advisory
Robert is a family enterprise and succession planning specialist who is a fully accredited Specialist Advisor Member of Family Business Australia, the peak body representing family business and their advisors in Australia. Robert is a regular speaker on family enterprises and SME-related issues, and has been frequently interviewed for publications including the Australian Financial Review, Business Review Weekly, and The Australian.
As a reflection of his expertise, Robert has been invited to assist the Australian Federal Government on a number of initiatives over many years. He was a founding member of the Australian Taxation Office’s Tax Practitioner Forum SME Working Group, a founding member of the Federal Government’s Small Business Advisory Committee, and was recently asked to join an Expert Panel advising the Board of Taxation.
In 2018, Robert received the Family Business Australia Accredited Advisor Award, recognising his valuable contribution to the family business movement and engagement with Family Business Australia.
Key examples of Robert’s work include:
- facilitating the formation of a family council and development of a family charter for a number of large family enterprises
- acting as an advisory board member to assist a family enterprise board of directors on strategic issues
- development of generational succession plans for significant mid-size businesses
Family business accreditation and awards
Robert is a Specialist Accredited Advisor accredited adviser with Family Business Australia. He also has a Certificate in Family Business Advising (CFBA) and a Certificate in Family Wealth Advising (CFWA) with the Family Firm Institute, the peak body worldwide representing family business advisory professionals. In 2018, Robert received Family Business Australia's inaugural Accredited Advisor Award.
Family Business Australia Accredited Adviser
FFI Certificate in Family Business Advising
FFI Certificate in Family Wealth Advising
- Fellow, Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Economics, University of Sydney
- Specialist Accredited Advisor Member of Family Business Australia
- Accredited Commercial Mediator
- Registered Tax Agent
- Certificates in Family Business Advising (CFBA) and Family Wealth Advising (CFWA) – Family Firm Institute