I’m lucky to call two countries ‘home’ – Japan and Australia. Both countries have so much in common that we can learn to reconcile cultural differences and develop beneficial partnerships. With teams of expertise deeply rooted in the local business environment, I build a trusting bridge for clients to confidently cross any borders.
Principal - Head of Japan Practice
With over 20 years of experience in Japan, Australia and the USA, Shoko offers a unique experience and insight into bringing multicultural and multi-disciplinary teams together to support M&A, international expansion, partnership, and business advisory.
A true bilingual, Shoko’s ability to design and execute holistic advice to Japanese companies overseas or Australian businesses partnering with them is underpinned by in-depth knowledge of the local markets complemented by an ability to bridge cultural differences and embrace diversity. Clients rely on Shoko for her ability to identify intangible – yet imminent – business risks and expert advice on options for resolution with wider stakeholders.
Shoko was born in Japan, spent several years in South East Asian countries, and went to the USA for further education. After several years in NYC and Los Angeles, she came to Australia to serve Japanese clients. She joined the firm in 2016 to lead our Japan Practice and strengthen GT Japan Desk global network.
- Sensible and practical support throughout a course of buy and sell-side deals as well as restructuring projects.
- J-SOX / US-SOX planning, implementing, execution, reporting, and optimising.
- Identifying strategic partner(s) and/or target(s).
- Chartered Accountant in Australia
- Active U.S. California CPA License
- Auditor of Japanese Chamber of Commerce Brisbane
- Over 15 years of practical audit / US GAAP / IFRS experience for private and listed companies
- Bachelor of Science – Business Administration (Babson College)
- Business Sustainability Management (University of Cambridge)