Director - Japan Practice
With over 15 years’ experience in Japan, Australia and the USA, Shoko offers unique experience and insight into how to bring multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams together in support of M&A, international expansion and partnership and business advisory.
Shoko has a passion for collaboration and working with clients through cross-border transactions – particularly between Japanese and Australian enterprises. Clients rely on Shoko for her ability to skilfully identify intangible, yet imminent business risks, and expert advice on options for resolution with wider stakeholders.
A true bilingual, Shoko’s ability to design and execute holistic advice to Japanese companies overseas or ones partnering with them is underpinned by in-depth knowledge of the local markets complemented by an ability to bridge cultural differences and embracing diversity.
Shoko is active US CPA and Chartered Accountant in Australia. Her technical skills includes:
- Extensive experience in J-SOX / US-SOX planning, implementing, execution, reporting, and optimising.
- Strong understanding of acquisition accounting under US GAAP / IFRS and valuation for the purpose of impairment analysis.
- Sensible and practical support during the course of post-merger integration.
Shoko was born in Japan, spent several years in South East Asian countries, and went to the USA for further education. After several years in NYC and Los Angeles, she came to Australia to serve Japanese clients. She joined the firm in 2016 to lead our Japan Practice and strengthen GT Japan Desk global network.
- Auditor of Japanese Chamber of Commerce Brisbane
- Active U.S. California CPA License
- Chartered Accountant in Australia
- Over 15 years of practical audit / US GAAP / IFRS experience for private and listed companies