Director – Management Consulting
Tyson is an experienced commercial project manager with over 15 years’ experience working in professional services, business and consulting. This experience has come both in Australia and in the UK. where he worked for leading retailers including Burberry, Sony and Pentland Brands.
During his time with Grant Thornton, Tyson has led a number of successful project teams across Australian major retailers such as Coles, Target, Myer and David Jones. Tyson brings breadth of experience across merchandise transformation, commercial finance, store operations and supply chain, and plays a particularly strong role ensuring alignment across functions.
Prior to working abroad and joining Grant Thornton, Tyson began his professional career at Deloitte where he worked as an external auditor for five years. During this time, he worked on notable businesses such as Boost Juice, Australian Red Cross Society and Cricket Australia and became a qualified Chartered Accountant.
Areas of expertise:
- Supplier profitability and commercial finance
- Project and program management
- Supply chain cost recovery and optimisation
- Merchandise transformation
- Business process improvement
- Strategic procurement and value engineering
- Strategy advisory and execution
Examples of relevant projects
- David Jones: Project managed a supplier trading terms optimisation initiative across Australia and New Zealand, with a focus on improved supplier margin and negotiation
- Coles Supermarkets: Led a multifunctional project which delivered customer focused strategic range outcomes in line with key business direction
- Myer: Led and managed a work stream on a ‘Working Capital Optimisation and Supplier Profitability’ project including development of Supplier Profitability Tool
- Coles Supermarkets: Led a project to land freight significant recovery savings resulting from changes to the distribution centre network, which involved working with suppliers to achieve COGS reductions in lieu of their reduced freight costs
- Managed and led large strategic business improvement and value engineering program to reduce cost per square metre for all New and Renewal stores (Procurement)
- Project management of first large format renewal store at Target Australia
- Established and maintained a successful Disc Jockey business covering events such as weddings, birthdays and Christmas parties
- Bachelor of Commerce (Majoring in Accounting)
- Member of Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand