Grant Thornton Australia's 2014 Junior Mining and Exploration survey, now in its fifth year, confirms worrying trends which continue to impact the competitiveness and longer term sustainability of the junior mining sector.
But, we are also seeing early signs of improvement in some areas of the industry.
The top 10 findings from our research are:
- Funding constraints at crisis point for some
- Commodity prices are expected to increase
- Regulatory challenges persist
- Investor interest is starting to improve
- Funding for the future discovery pipeline is needed
- Competition for capital is intense
- Market conditions remain difficult
- M&A outlook is up
- Improvements will not be dramatic
- Employment conditions remain depressed